89.3 K-ROCK'S FOOD DRIVE WITH GATES INSURANCE
It doesn't matter what time of year it is, some families will come up short at the end of the month.
We want to help Valley families with the
89.3 K-Rock Food Drive, September 18-23rd!
Thanks to our partners:
Gates Insurance & Economical Insurance
Click on the the links below to help fill the shelves of our 10 Valley Food Banks!
Make a monetary donation
Make a non-perishable food donation
Challenge your family, friends, and co-workers to match your donation
Encourage your boss to make a donation on behalf of your workplace or challenge your employer to match employee contributions
Challenge your classmates to match your donation
Change your Facebook Profile Picture to let all your friends know you'll be donating!
Tell everyone you know that the 89.3 K-Rock Food Drive is happening Sept 18 - 23rd and encourage them to donate - every donation, no matter the size, helps!
When you make a donation with K-Rock throughout the week, fill out a ballot to win some awesome prizes including sunglasses from Vogue Optical, valued at $169 each (TWO WINNERS EACH DAY, MONDAY - FRIDAY)! We'll draw from ALL ballots for a winner of a $100 Banks Bikes gift card on Monday, Sept 25 with Darrin & Dave!
Pick-up prizes at 89.3 K-Rock!
DAILY WINNERS OF SUNGLASSES FROM VOGUE OPTICAL
MONDAY: Mike Keighan and Heather Phillips
TUESDAY: Lewis Oickle and Paul Clarke
WEDNESDAY: Chloe Cole and Alan LeBlanc
canned soups and stews
canned meat and fish
feminine hygiene products
WHERE WE'LL BE
In case of rain we'll be collecting donations indoors at these locations.
MONDAY, SEPT 18: 8 AM - 5:30 PM - WINDSOR
LOCATION 1: FORT EDWARD MALL
LOCATION 2: ATLANTIC SUPERSTORE, WINDSOR
TUESDAY, SEPT 19, 8 AM - 5:30 PM - KENTVILLE & COLDBROOK
LOCATION 1: JASON'S INDEPENDENT GROCER
LOCATION 2: VALLEY VOLKSWAGEN
WEDNESDAY, SEPT 20, 8 AM - 5:30 PM - KINGSTON & GREENWOOD
LOCATION 1: KINGSTON SUPERSTORE
LOCATION 2: GREENWOOD SOBEYS
THURSDAY, SEPT 21, 8 AM - 5:30 PM - MIDDLETON
LOCATION 1: GERALD'S INDEPENDENT GROCER
LOCATION 2: MIDDLETON FOODLAND
FRIDAY, SEPT 22, 8 AM - 5:30 PM - BERWICK
LOCATION 1: BERWICK FOODLAND
LOCATION 2: BERWICK INDEPENDENT GROCER
SATURDAY, SEPT 23, 9 AM – 4 PM - NEW MINAS
LOCATION 1: 89.3 K-ROCK (9 AM-4PM)
LOCATION 2: ATLANTIC SUPERSTORE NEW MINAS (9 AM - 3:30 PM)
LOCATION 3: NEW MINAS SOBEY'S (9 AM - 3:30 PM)
Are you gathering donations for our Food Drive? Let us know so we can help spread the word! Click here to e-mail details.
- The Sixties Invasion concert presented by the Berwick Lions Club on Sept 22 is donating a portion of proceeds from the show to our Food Drive! On Friday In Berwick, at the Foodland location, Anyone who makes a donation to the food drive and buys a ticket for the show at the same time ($30) - they'll give $5 straight back to the Food Drive!
- The Annapolis Valley Shooting Sports Club is accepting non-perishable food donations at their annual Ladies Night event on Saturday, Sept 16!
- Valley Volkswagen is filling the back of a VW Atlas with donations! Drop off a non-perishable at Valley Volkswagen, Kentville.
- Jessy's Pizza is collecting non-perishable food donations at their New Minas location!
- Forbes Kia is filling a vehicle with food. Drop off a non-perishable donation at Forbes Kia, New Minas.
- Noble Grape is matching all monetary donations made at both their Coldbrook and Kingston locations. Drop off a donation in the carboy!
- Party Central & Valley Power Products in New Minas are collecting non-perishable donations!
- Pedal For Others is collecting non-perishable donations as they cycle through the Valley!
- Rotary Club of New Minas Sunrise is going door-to-door in New Minas on Saturday, Sept 23 to collect donations!
- The Rotary Club of Middleton donated $4000 and is challenging other service groups on the Valley to also donate!
- Shaffer's Towing donated $200 and is challenging other towing companies to also donate!
- West Hants MLA, Chuck Porter made a $50 donation is challenging other MLAs to make a donation!
- Wanda Graves at Eastern Valley Real Estate donated $100 and is challenging other Realtors to also donate!
- Tammy Heins- Keller Williams Select Realty- $100 donation
- Noel Whitten - Viewpoint Realty - $100 donation
- Exit Realty Town & Country donated $500!
- Jamie Leopolod with Avon River Rats Sr C Hockey donated and is challenging Valley Maple Leafs players to make a donation!
- Feetham Construction made a donation and is challenging other construction companies to donate!
- Challenge met by Dan's Roofing who made a donation!
- Challenge met by Dan's Roofing who made a donation!
- Windsor Elms Village donated $500.25 presented by Sue Hayes and is challenging all other continuing care facilities to also donate!
- Atlantic Superstore, Windsor's team made a donation and challenged all other grocery stores to make a donation!
- Sobeys, Windsor quickly answered the challenge and donated with their team!
- Sobeys Greenwood and Atlantic Superstore Kingston also donated cart loads of food and toiletries!
- Nancy- Challenges other employees at Reid Jewellers!
- Joey Murphy donated $100 from each of Kings Arms Pub, Half Acre Cafe, and Jungle Jims! He's challenging all other restaurants to also make a donation!
- Brett Bandell challenges other janitorial companiesto also make a donation!
- Russell Murphy of Barrelling Tide Distillery donated and challenges other distilleries, wineries, breweries to make a donation.